
On February 12, a video of two Sydney nurses claiming that they would kill Israeli patients came to the attention of NSW Police.
The clip was posted by Israeli influencer Max Veifer, and featured an online conversation between him and nurses Ahmed Rashid Nadir and Sarah Abu Lebdeh, who worked at Bankstown-Lidcombe Hospital in Sydney's southwest.
In the video, one of the nurses claims that they send Israeli patients to 'hell', while another said, "I won't treat them, I'll kill them."
In the two weeks since, police have been investigating the claims as a part of Strike Force Pearl.
Around 6am on February 26, police announced that they had charged a 26-year-old woman in relation to the video, after she went into Sutherland police station last night. Her home was raided earlier this week.
Listen to The Quicky discuss the incident here. Post continues below.
She has been charged with three commonwealth offences, including threatening violence to a group, using carriage service to threaten to kill and using a carriage service to menace/harass/offend.
In addition to the charges, Australia's health practitioner watchdog confirmed both nurses had been forbidden from working in the profession and their registrations were suspended by the NSW Nursing and Midwifery Council.
The woman has since been granted bail and will appear in Downing Centre Local Court on March 19.
CCTV footage has been seized from the hospital and other staff have been interviewed by police.
NSW Police Commissioner Karen Webb said the charges were a major development in what has been a very thorough and exhaustive investigation by detectives attached to Strike Force Pearl.
"Strike Force Pearl detectives must be commended for acting swiftly under enormous pressure and public expectation," Commissioner Webb said.