
Update:
Police have confirmed that tradesman William Harrie Spedding is not a suspect in the case of the missing three-year-old William Tyrell, Guardian Australia reports.
Police have concluded their two days spent combing through the 63-year-old NSW man’s home in the search for clues in the Tyrell case and have since removed crime scene tape surrounding the home.
Spedding has now returned to the property.
There has been an outpouring of support from friends and family of Spedding in publicity surrounding the case.
Previously, Mamamia wrote…
Crime scene tape has been removed from the home of a tradesman, William Harrie Spedding, as police conclude their search at the property.
Spedding was recently questioned over the disappearance of toddler William Tyrell.
The search, conducted on Wednesday, included the excavation of some land and the draining of the Bonny Hills property’s septic tank. No charges have been laid.
Mr Spedding’s daughter-in-law Amy Spedding has spoken on behalf of the family in full support of his innocence. In an interview with Fairfax Media, Mrs Spedding said: “We fully support him. We know that he has had nothing to do with this”.
“We have spoken to him. Obviously he is very upset, his wife is devastated. Basically we spoke to him and said ‘We love and have your back and we support you 100 per cent’,” she added.