
1. Sydney doctor diagnosed with COVID-19 as six more cases confirmed in NSW.
A 53-year-old doctor from Sydney’s Ryde Hospital is one of the first person-to-person transmissions of coronavirus we’ve seen in Australia.
NSW Chief Medical Officer Dr Kerry Chant said he had been working with the “usual sort of patients we have, which is a diverse range of patients on our system”.
He is now being treated at Westmead Hospital.
Coronavirus Update: The doctor who was diagnosed yesterday with the coronavirus works at the Ryde Hospital. @NSWHealth are investigating his movements says Health Minister Brad Hazzard. The Chief Health Officer says they’re contacting his patients. #7NEWS https://t.co/oUwe2pYYYq
— 7NEWS Sydney (@7NewsSydney) March 3, 2020
13 doctors, 23 nurses and four other health workers have been identified as close contacts of the doctor and are in home isolation.
Eight patients of the doctor are showing no symptoms, and a further 29 patients are being followed up.