
Destiny Otton-Rakuraku was living a full life when it was torn apart by an alleged act of violence on the weekend.
A loving mother to two teenage sons, the eldest daughter in a family of seven, and a dedicated support worker, she wrote on her Instagram that she had been "living her best life."
However, on Saturday, everything changed for the 34-year-old.
Police allege that a 36-year-old man attempted to murder Otton-Rakuraku in the early hours of the morning on January 18.
He has since been identified as Queensland resident, Mr Renata Edward Manning. It is believed the man was known to her.
According to a statement, police and emergency services were called to the residence in Kingston after reports of an altercation between a man and a woman.
Police allege that the man poured accelerant on Otton-Rakuraku and lit her on fire, with her suffering extensive burns as a result, per the Courier Mail.
Otton-Rakuraku is now in a serious condition at the Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital, being treated in the ICU, as friends and family rally around her.
Her cousin Blake Timu told the Courier-Mail that her condition is 'inhumane', adding that it's "terrifying to see her almost lifeless."
Another family member told the New Zealand Herald that she has burns to 50 per cent of her body.
A GoFundMe has been set up for Otton-Rakuraku, alleging that she was "doused in petrol and lit on fire in her own home," according to the page.
It describes her as a "natural giving heart who didn't deserve what has happened to her", adding that she works multiple jobs and studies in order to achieve her goals.