
The body found at Sydney’s Bondi Junction shopping centre on Friday morning is believed to be that of missing 71-year-old Bernard Gore.
Police say formal identification is yet to take place, but the Hobart man’s son, Mark Gore, told The Wentworth Courier:
“Unfortunately, we didn’t get the result we wanted.
“It’s just a hard time for us,” he said. “We appreciate everyone’s efforts.”
The death is not being treated as suspicious.
Emergency services were called to the eastern suburbs shopping centre Friday morning, after a man's body was found in a stairwell.
"Just before 8.30am, emergency were called to a shopping centre at Bondi Junction after a body had been located. Officers from Eastern Suburbs Local Area Command attended. A crime scene has been established and inquiries are continuing," a police spokesperson told Mamamia earlier.
In a statement this afternoon, NSW Police said, "Although not formally identified, the body is believed to be that of a 71-year-old man reported missing to police on Friday 6 January 2017, after he failed to meet a family member as arranged."
